Arranging a Costa Rica vacation gives you tropics with lush jungles, secluded beaches, and friendly individuals but not very costly! Costa Rica is the accepted place to get it all! But where do you stay, a resort or even a private villa? Would you like long lines, crowded pools, children running up and down the corridors? I certainly would not. Having been to Costa Rica a number of times, I sometimes stay in the city or off the beaten path. I have even spent the night in a 5 star bamboo hut in the middle of a teak forest!
Choosing the right Costa Rica vacation villa to lease could possibly be the difference between a holiday that is fantastic to one where you are feeling like you are ‘doing without’.
Many vacationers may look at the Costa Rica villa rental because instead of ‘just somewhere to stay’ , they enjoy the luxury and privacy that a villa can give you. Even if most of your time is going to be spent in the water, or enjoying attractions that are close by the neighborhood., it is still nice to come back to somewhere you can relax. Even if you think a villa is expensive, it can often prove to be a cheaper option than a hotel. There is no reason to settle for a lower quality when, by making preparation in advance, you can find a great Costa Rica holiday that you’ll enjoy just as much or even more than the other areas of your vacation.
Keep in mind, your vacation home is where you’ll be resting, getting out of bed, having lots of your meals, and being lazy.
You might wind up stretched out reading a book to while away the day or wanting to watch one of the favorite films in the DVD – assuming there exists a comfortable couch if it rains or perhaps is unseasonably hot outside. And when you meet new buddies, you’ll want someplace nice for entertaining.
Shouldn’t your vacation rental be considered a pleasant get-away with all the amenities which make vacations a delicacy that is real? “A real home away from home”!
1. The single most component that is very important whether or perhaps not you’re able to “see” actual present pictures associated with the inside and exterior for the vacation rental. It’s one thing to read a description that is very good and some of these are quite ‘complimentary’ (sometimes extremely so) – but you need to see what you are getting.
An internet site is the quickest most convenient way to get informative data on potential Costa Rica holiday rentals aided by the Internet. If there are no photos, you’ll know immediately to help keep searching. Brochures, books and guides are good, but may have information that is out-dated. The best thing to do is use a travel agent that is experienced in that part of the world, like CLB Global Travel
2. List the details which are important to you, and without which you and the people with you will feel left out . Then note the ones that are nice to have, yet not deal-breakers if you don’t have them available.
With one of these lists as being a guide, you’ll quickly be able to expel those rentals that won’t be practical. Your list might add :
1. proximity towards the water,
2. number of bedrooms
3. number of bathrooms,
4. full kithen or just a fridge and microwave),
5. does it have a deck
6. BBQ grills,
7. ocean views,
8. does it have a personal pools or jacuzzi
9. outdoor eating areas
10. tennis courts, etc.
On your secondary list, you could have things such as a hammock for lazing about, or pool waterfall for the relaxing noises. Exterior stereo speakers, to take pleasure from your favourite music around the pool. Ice makers to give you plenty of ice to mix in your drinks, which are sure to be a favorite, especially in the heat of the country
3. List the activities that you would like to be able to enjoy while on a break. A morning activity like diving, snorkeling or canopy tour then returning towards the villa to curl up may be a priority that is high on the list for you.
You need to consider how close the vacation rental would be to the airport. It is vital to discover how far the rental is from your own arrival airport. A half could be taken by some rentals a day’s drive and after your trip even an hour’s drive can seem an eternity. Your travel time back again to the airport at departure can frustrate your whole also vacation. Enjoying your last morning of one’s vacation by a private pool instead of traveling all day to your airport can be quite crucial for you. We can find you holiday villas near either of the two international airports. You may want to fly into San Jose, the capital and leave from Liberia in Guanacaste, on the Pacific side of the country.
You may also have to consider how close you need your vacation rental to be towards the attractions. Costa Rica has diverse areas to explore, from cloud forests, volcanos, mountains, deserts and beaches. Plan your holiday accordingly.
Some individuals feel that a holiday that is great being able to walk or bicycle every-where. Other people don’t mind a drive that is short whilst still other people think absolutely nothing of getting for a freeway to take pleasure from further away attractions.
If you need a vacation without the hassles of traffic, parking problems, crowds and long lines, pick a villa located in the waterfront that is near the quaint village of Playa Panama, Costa Rica or some other place away from the usual hangouts.
4. Identify your first, second and 3rd best option for leasing the villa. With a few dates, you’ll save time when making your plans. Then, saving yourself enough time and hassle of experiencing to re-check everyone’s schedule and call back – and risking losing those times in the interim if you discover a villa you want and you have some flexibility in scheduling, having alternate dates ready lets you book quickly
5. Call the phone numbers for the accommodations that seem to fit the bill and talk straight with either the owners or the person who is handling the home. Be ready with a a number of questions. This allows you to definitely compare apples to apples, and keeps you from forgetting something crucial throughout the discussion.
It also offers you a feel for the one who is likely to be your contact should you hire the villa and encounter a challenge. There is a problem in the event that you don’t get a responsive, friendly welcome to your questions, don’t expect anything different if something happens.
6. Ask what amenities are included. You might observe something that’s perhaps not on your own list but is ideal for your plans. Does the rental have maid service? Final thing you should do is make the beds or clean the laundry, even if there exists a dishwasher. Does the rental have dryer and washer? If so, you’ll not need to simply take as many clothes with you. Will the maid wash your clothes before your departure? Coming home with a suitcase high in clean clothes is an advantage.
Other things to consider: Will the home owner have essential items within the ice box for you personally, before your arrival? Is it possible to arrange for the money for tours? Is there dishes, utensils, pots, pans as well as other basics for eating and dinner planning – or do you want to need to bring your pwn? Does the villa have air-con or do you have to rely on the winds to comfort you?
7. Inquire about restaurants, events and activities and other kinds of neighborhood activity which can be close by. Here’s where your listing of preferred tasks is handy. You need to be capable of finding links to attractions that are on the neighborhood calendars and restaurants close to the site of your Costa Rica vacation rental.
8. Are the owners local or does a management company help them 24/7? Owners really are knowledgeable in regards to the area and can supply recommendations on great locations that may be out-of-the-way and aren’t within the guidebooks. In addition they should value your comfort and enjoyment while at their villa. This could easily change lives that is huge, particularly should something require immediate attention within the villa. There’s absolutely nothing worse than calling the organization that is looking after a rental for a stopped-up bathroom and getting somebody’s annoyed teenager who’s manning the phones for the summer.
9. just how long has the owner been leasing the villa for vacations? In the event that owner has worked with leasing properties, they know very well what tenants expect and exactly how to have things done. If this is a venture that is new to the owner, then beware. The owner may be that one can have great vacation in the villa but not have a clue as to how to prepare the villa for others to enjoy it.
10. And finally, when you consider the images, is it possible to see yourself having a great time there?
In the event that pictures allow you feel like you want to get now, and the answers about any concerns above meet your satisfaction, you’ve found yourself a Costa Rica vacation that will be fantastic!
Charles is a world traveler having lived in 44 states and 11 countries and traveled to dozens more. He and his wife spend time between London, Ireland, Canada, and the Philippines.